Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Chocolate Footballs?!


 Dear Diary,
For the Superbowl this year I was given the opportunity to bring a dessert to the party.  I knew I could be crafty with a deliciousness! I decided to make chocolate dipped strawberries.... and look like footballs! These can also be made into basketballs or baseballs with the choice of different colors and possibly flavors (white chocolate).


* Ingredients (and utensils):
  • strawberries (I used 3 containers which were all finished)
  • chocolate (I used Wilton brand which can be found at Michael Craft stores.  This type of chocolate is never refrigerated and does not melt after applying to the fruit.)
  • decorating icing (Once again I used the Wilton brand which can also be found at Michael Craft stores.)
  • a fine tip for the icing (you may need a special screw on device to put the tip onto the icing container.)
  • microwave safe bowl
  • wax paper
* Steps:

1. Rinse off all the fruit. Before applying the melted chocolate be sure to dry the fruit or else the chocolate will not stick. This can be done directly after rinsing or just before applying the chocolate.

2. Apply the tip to the icing tube.

3. Melt the chocolate in the microwave according to the package. I put it in for a minute then stirred then once again for 30 seconds.

4. Dip your dried strawberries into the chocolate. I used the technique of putting the tip down to the bottom of the bowl and pivoting it around.

5. TIP #1: While setting the strawberries onto the wax paper push the strawberry down towards yourself. This causes the strawberry now to slide around.

6. It takes about 5 minutes for the chocolate to completely dry. Which is how long it took me to dip all of the strawberries.

7. Apply the decorating icing into the desired shapes.
8. TIP #2: I got our toothpaste tool and put it onto the end of the icing so my hand wouldn't cramp.  It made it much easier!

9. ENJOY!
*
*
*
*






What to do with the remaining chocolate?  You decide!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment