I am concerned that I have not *clicked* yet with some of you. Maybe you're not the 'crafty' type who gets excited by my cork board. You may not have kids so the motherhood stuff isn't doing it for you. You might not even be into apple picking. But this post is sure to *click* with everyone! We will finally be united as one! Why? Because EVERYONE LOVES OREOS! When is a more perfect time to bake with Oreos than the holidays? These recipes can be made with your children.... they can mix with their hands! I made it a whole fun filled day with my cousin Allison (shout out!)... I will share some Holiday recipes which all include delicious Oreos! I feel my sweet tooth already creating a cavity... but I don't care!
Oreo Peppermint Cheesecake
- 22 Oreos: 6 crushed and the 16 whole
- 2 8-oz packages of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- pinch of salt
- candy canes (we used 8 small ones, but this is optional)
- Preheat oven to 275 F
- Fill the bottom of your pan with Oreos. You may need to break a few in half to fill the bottom.
- Beat the cream cheese in a bowl and slowly add the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Pour in the eggs, a little at a time. Then continue with the sour cream and salt.
- Take the 6 crushed oreos and mix in the bowl. This is easiest to do by hand.
- Pour the mixture over the Oreo lined pan.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- While that is baking, crush the candy canes. We used a ziplock bag and crushed the candy canes using a soup can.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the finished cheesecake then bake for another 3 minutes.
- Let it cool in the refrigerator for a while then ENJOY!
Cookie Dough Balls with Oreo Crumbs
NO BAKING! NO RAW EGGS!
- 1 cup of salted butter, soften (2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups of packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 6 ounces chocolate chips (we used miniture)
- a few crushed oreos (6-8)
- Blend butter and brown sugar together.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well - using you hands is the best way to get it together.
- Roll into 1 inch balls
- Sprinkle crushed oreos over the top of the balls. You can push the oreos into each ball to ensure that it sticks
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies filled with an Oreo
The oreo becomes soften and this cookie is a new favorite! The peppermint adds to the enjoyment of the holidays, but is optional.
- 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1- 10oz bag chocolate chips
- 1 container of oreo cookies
- candy canes, 10 small sized ones (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add this dry combination to the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and candy canes. (we also added green food coloring to make it took more festive!)
- We figured out a trick that will really help so pay close attention! In a small bowl add a little flour. Rub a little on your hands to ensure the cookie dough doesn't stick. Grab an oreo and completely cover it with the cookie dough. The cookies will expand in the oven so try not to make it as big as we did! Be sure to completely cover the oreo!
- Before adding the cookie to the cookie sheet sprinkle some flour, again just to be sure it doesn't stick to the pan.
- Bake the cookies for 9-13 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet immediately to be sure they don't burn.
- This should make a dozen LARGE cookies!
Oreo Peppermint Truffles
- 1- 8oz package of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1- 16.6oz Oreo Cookies, (4 1/4 cups crushed and the remaining stay whole)
- candy canes (10 small size)
- semi sweet chocolate, melted
- This is easiest to make by using your hands.
- Mix cream cheese, crushed candy canes and 3 cups of crushed oreos until well blended.
- Shape into bite size balls.
- To melt chocolate: the trick so the chocolate doesn't burn is to continue stirring the chocolate while being melted.
- Place onto a waxed paper covered baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining crushed oreos onto the melted chocolate balls.
- Refrigerate the truffles for about a hour.
The holidays are the perfect time to get creative with your baking skills. If you don't think you have skills, its the perfect time to give it a try! My favorite recipe was the Chocolate Chip Oreo filled Cookies... I became obsessed and don't like sharing those. But I did pack a to-go box for my cousin when she went back to the Big Apple, also gave my sister in law some, and my husband and I have been slowly sneaking it into our guests pockets as they leave :) We would love to hear about how much you've enjoyed our recipes or share yours so we can try!
Happy Holidays from the Dag Sisters!